Been doing martial arts since about 2000, more specifically karate. I did spend about 4 months with Nakamura Ryu Battou Do. Unfortunately, due to schedule and family constraints I couldn't keep up with the Battou Do.
The form of karate I study doesn't have a formal system name. It grew up along side Tae Kwan Do and Tang Soo Do in Korea, but it also borrows elements of jujitsu and Okinawan goju ryu. We also incorporate a couple strikes and blocks from kung fu. It's an art that doesn't specialize in any one thing, and instead provides enough from multiple disciplines to use techniques unfamiliar to our adversary. The art made it's way from Korea to America when troops came home from the Korean War (my sensei's sensei).
Top Network Posts
- 126Ruby: How to iterate over a range, but in set increments?
- 59File path to resource in our war/WEB-INF folder?
- 59Why do it "in-camera" rather than in post-processing?
- 48What is the difference between Reader and InputStream?
- 40Is it a bad sign that I am often redesigning as I develop a project?
- 36Can I do push ups every day?
- View more network posts →